Leveraging our deep expertise in cultivation and creation of outsourced Library Services operations, DTI offers law firms a legal research capability designed to support or enhance their existing internal library services capabilities.
DTI’s client leverage teams of legal research professionals who support the specific needs of requestors such as Associates and Partners across geographies and practices, 24/7. We address client needs via:
- OnDemand Team – access to our expert team of legal researchers, available 24/7 on a shared services basis
- Dedicated Team – a client-dedicated library services team, employed and managed by DTI, staffed as required to provide customized coverage and support, up to 24/7
Conducting legal and business research – simple to complex; state, federal and international including:
- Cite checking attorney-prepared documents
- Docket monitoring and case information research
- Public records searches
- Document retrieval
- Custom news monitoring and proactive alerts about clients, developing legal issues, high-profile litigation, etc.
- Practice-specific research – eg: patents and trademarks, science and technology, regulatory etc
- Marketing and business development support initiatives, inclusive of internal and external content (ie: intranet or internet content)
- Knowledge management support initiatives
- Collection management
- Vendor management and contract negotiation
- Support of movement to a single source database model
Utilizing a highly collaborative user engagement model, DTI delivers Legal Research Services through our Knowledge Center network and on-site at client premises. Our model ensures the legal research platform is truly a seamless extension of our clients’ environments. Our shared and dedicated research teams are trained extensively on our clients’ research methodology including development of customized operating manuals and protocol.